Tuesday 21 May 2013

May Long 2013

Turns out May Long can be great even if you don't go camping!

Travis and I had a great weekend even though he spent some of it working and me working on wedding stuff and cleaning.  

Thank you to Pat and Allison for having everyone over Saturday for a great bbq and fire.  The food was delicious and it was great to spend the night with all our friends even if we weren't out camping.

And despite all of the horrible weather forecasts... it turned out to be an absolutely beautiful weekend from start to finish.  

We got lots accomplished around the house and were able to get the camper ready for the long haul to Winnipeg with everything in it functioning now! 

Yesterday, I got to have some R&R in the camper parked out front of our house while Travis got everything in working order.  It was a great way for me to relax and I got to take some great photos.  And I might have watched the back of my eyelids for a bit... :)  



We were also able to go for some great bike rides and take Nixon swimming in Sylvan Lake! 

Overall, I'm feeling pretty relaxed despite the wedding being 11 days away and us leaving on Friday! 

You could say I'm freaking out because I'm not freaking out! haha

My dad is stopping by tonight for a visit which is a great distraction for us and Nixon loves it when he comes over.  And lucky for him... and thanks to us.. he only has to work 1 week straight instead of 2! :)  

Other than that... I'm expecting a busy week before we hit the road and I think everything will set in once we get to Winnipeg!

~ Love Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment