Saturday 3 November 2012

Beautiful Victoria

As promised, I am posting some of my favourite pictures from my trip to Victoria. It was a short and sweet trip, filled with wonderful memories and gave me the desire to go back and see more of the island with my soon to be husband.  

If you want to see more pictures, please check my facebook as there are about 120 more pictures on there.

Horse and Carriage Down Government Street, so beautiful.

Our cousin, Yogi's house where she lives and takes care of her late Husband Rick's brother Donald.

Highlight #1 of the trip, going to Uptown to Cupcakes by Heather and Lori as seen as The Women's Network, known as The Cupcake Girls!

Gramma and I at Cupcakes... one of the few moments of that day when it wasn't raining!

Our Hotel, the James Bay Inn, downtown on Government Street.  A beautiful historic hotel known to be haunted.

One of the many unique houseboats at Fisherman's Wharf.  This was named the Diver's Den and these were some of the cellphones, etc that he found at the bottom of the ocean.

One of the beautifully designed houseboats that is docked and lived in year round.

Haha.

Love this sign that was posted in one of the windows of a houseboat.

One of the two beautiful seals at Fisherman's Wharf.  He has white fur and one eye and is entertaining and sweet as can be.  He's literally inches away from me.

His Mom, who I believe is named "Sally"  She's exquisite and might be anywhere between 30 and 40 years old.  

I just loved the seals.  They were Highlight #2 of my trip.  I could have spent the entire day just watching them.


One of Yogi's boats.  

Their Crab Boat

Fisherman's Wharf, a wonderful place that is a must see in Victoria.

The parliament building.

Highlight #3.  The Empress Hotel (Fairmont)  Where we had High Tea for a crazy amount of money, but worth every penny for the experience and memories.

A beautiful hotel from the outside in.

Our first course of High Tea, strawberries with real whipped cream.

Even the menu was beautiful, all just to tell us what kind of teas we could choose from.

Our beautiful lunch tray filled with so much delicious food.

Sandwiches.

Decadent Desserts.

Raisin Scones with Empress Cream and Strawberry Jam.

Our view from our table.

The Rogers' Chocolate Store.

Couldn't resist bringing my shirt with me.  Keep Calm and Chive On in Victoria, BC.

Yogi, Donald and Gramma

Donald and Gramma.

Gramma, Donald and I.

Bernie, LeeAnne and Gramma

My flight back to Calgary.  A stunning view of the ocean.


The mountains through the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment