Tuesday 27 November 2012

The Week From Hell... and it's only Tuesday.

Today, my mom said that bad things come to me in 3's.  I said what if a 4th bad thing happens?  She said then you start counting to 3 again!

So anyway, it seems I'm on a streak of bad luck.  

NUMBER ONE

This started yesterday, I had a day off from work and I was looking forward to getting all my Christmas shopping done... which lucky for me, I did!  It took me 6 hours, lots of patience and determination, but I finished all of our shopping!  And to top it off, I was really excited to find new bedding for our new king sized bed, which was a big feat!

So I got home last night after shopping and was excited to put the new bedding on our bed.  I took it all out of the packaging, made sure it fit properly, washed it and was ready to put it all together!  But then I found a tear in the fitted sheet and to top it off, the fitted sheet no longer fit on the bed, despite me washing it as per the washing instructions on the label. 

So, being who I am, I got completely frustrated.  I spent so much time trying to find bedding that I liked, finally found it and it doesn't work out!  

So now I've ordered new bedding online and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail!

NUMBER TWO

Nixon woke me up at 4:30am, crying at the door to go out, so I let him out and he had a barking fit outside so I made him come inside.  I should mention, he rarely ever barks.  He ran inside the house and went straight to the living room window where he continued his barking fit... turns out there was a deer in front of the house.  He continued whining every half hour until 6:20am when I realized something wasn't quite right.  I jumped out of bed only to find out that Nixon had an accident in our living room on the carpet.  I should also mention he hasn't had any accidents since he was a baby.  So I spent an hour trying to get the stain out of the carpet and the smell out of the house, was late for work and then felt horrible having to leave Nixon home alone all day.  

NUMBER THREE

I got an email from our wedding venue this afternoon and the prices have increased!  Not impressed with this and want other people that are planning to know that this is very likely to happen to you too!  So don't necessarily choose based on the prices they show you because within a year of planning, they are sure to increase.  Be careful.

~~~

So here's hoping that this streak is over and things look up from here.  

~ Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment