Tuesday 20 November 2012

Decisions and King Sized Princess Beds

Good Morning Followers!

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, it was a very busy day from 7:00am until after 11:00pm when I finally stopped working on wedding stuff.

I'm happy to say that Travis and I had a wonderful weekend in Calgary.  It was more or less a relaxing stress free weekend but we were happy to come home and pick up Nixon and take him home for a quiet evening of lounging on the couch watching TV.

On a plus side and downside, Travis is starting a new rotation tomorrow starting with a 15 and 6 and then he'll be in the office for a couple weeks and then back to 15 and 6.

It will be great to have him back in the field making job bonuses but hard to have him away again, although we think this is the best of both worlds and I think he will feel much more satisfied with his work on this rotation.  Here's hoping that this work rotation is a great option for us! :)


In other news, we finally made a decision about what we are doing for Christmas after about a month of going over all the possibilities.

The verdict:

A Temple Christmas in Sylvan Lake at our house with Bob, Maggie, Barb & Scotty (Take 2: we did this last year)

Next year I promise to spend Christmas with my parents because this will be year #2 that we won't see them, which seems much easier this year since we just saw them and Keith and Allie.

Either way, I'm happy that a decision has been made and that little miss Martha me can start planning!

On a side note, Travis and I are in the process of buying a new bed.  We've decided on a king bed which thrills me to no end, because I'm a toss and turner and don't sleep well, but we always sleep well in hotels and a Mom & Dad's.  A guy at a mattress store told me that I wanted a king sized princess bed and that's exactly what I intend on getting!

We are looking forward to having a new bed before Christmas!  This is also excited because I get new bedding! :)


Now if only our bedroom could look like this!

Instead it will look more like this because our room is really small to have a king sized bed in it!


~ Happy Tuesday!
Love, Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment