Thursday 8 November 2012

Picture This...

Please Note... I do not write for sympathy, just for sanity.

It's 2:01am, Thursday, November 8, 2012 and I am blogging because obviously I cannot sleep.

I'm laying on our love seat couch in the living room eating Premium Plus Salted Top Soda Crackers with a microwaveable bean bag wrapped around my face.







Here's the the specific facts: 

* The couch seems to be the most comfortable place for to sleep and rest
* The couch is where I don't disturb Travis' sleep... or Nixon's
* I'm not so much eating crackers as I am letting them melt on my tongue then swallowing them to prevent getting them in my open sockets and because chewing hurts
* I'm eating the crackers in hopes that they help relieve my nausea which I've had consistently for 7 days
* The bean bag that I have wrapped around my face was lovingly made for me by my grandmother 
(Grand-Maman) probably 10 years ago or more.
* This bean bag was thoughtfully made from hippie VW beetle fabric because at the time I was obsessed with vintage VW beetles.  
* The bean bag has been my only form of pain relief (or temporary distraction from pain) since Thursday.



It has now been 7 days since the surgery and I have not made any progress in feeling better.  I write this because so many people said to me "oh you'll be fine", "just a couple days", etc.  Only one person was kind enough to tell me about her bad experience prior to my surgery and it wasn't until after my surgery that people starting telling me their bad experiences.  I'm a realist and I'm honest.  Let's not beat around the bush.  

Recovery from any surgery is different for every single person, some heal quick and some heal slow, there are many factors involved.  Hope for the best but expect the worst, that way you aren't blindsided when the worst happens.  

It's hard to explain to people that such a simple surgery can take so long to recover from.  My soon-to-be father-in-law had quadruple by-pass surgery exactly 4 weeks ago and is recovering amazing well, better than me who only had 4 teeth removed.  

Again, I do not write for sympathy, it's the last thing in the world that I want.  I just hope that people understand and don't judge.

Hopefully this is goodnight and I can fall asleep soon. 

~ Christine






No comments:

Post a Comment