Thursday 15 November 2012

Improvising... For Short People & Wedding Planning For Dummies

Good Afternoon... or should I say boring afternoon!

Travis and I have been living in the dark for quite some time now... most of the lightbulbs in the house have burnt out and we haven't replaced them.

Until now...


I needed a little vertical assistance due to vaulted ceilings and being 5'4'', so out came the step ladder, which just didn't cut it.  So what better way to add a couple inches than to use Travis' university text books (money well spent)!

p.s. Obviously 6'4'' Travis wasn't home, otherwise I would've had him do it.

It's borderline unbearably bright in the kitchen now but we see the light!


~~~~~


Last night I was wonderfully productive on the wedding front which pleases me to no end!

I really got a glimpse of the decor starting to come together and I am thrilled about it! 
Some things truly turn out better than you imagine.

On a side wedding note...

Christine's Suggestion:

ELOPE!

Don't get me wrong, I want nothing more than a big beautiful wedding shared with all our family and friends and I wouldn't change the way we are doing things, although it has crossed my mind several (million) times.

Full blown traditional weddings are extremely expensive and time consuming and when you have a "slight" case of OCD, it triples the time consumption.

Now keeping in mind that I have already completed a ton of stuff, today I create a 6 page long (typed) to-do/check list and I'm certain that there's lots that didn't get on there.  Just so that you have an idea of how much planning goes into a wedding.

For all newly engaged brides and anticipating brides, you may want to rethink what you really want for your wedding, think about how much time and money you are willing and/or capable of investing.

Most of all, I wish you best of luck in all your own wedding planning!



~ Christine

1 comment:

  1. My suggestion is to hire a wedding planner...but I might be biased!

    ReplyDelete